Whereever you are

Whereever you are

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

So Disturbing... BUT you WON"T stop reading



Okay, so this morning my husband told me that he had come into contact with a "camel spider" well I didn't know what that was an apparantly I didn't want to know. After he explained that this spider was around nine inches wide i decided to google to see for myself. The results, the most grossest, sickest, disturbing thing i have ever seen. Lets just say that if I had seen one, I garantee that i would be purchasing a handgun and walking around with it. I was morified at what I saw here is just a little info on this bad boy. " They run 10 mph,and can grow up to 12 inches, jump three feet, are a nocturnal spider, so only come out at night unless they are in shade. When they bite you, you are injected with Novocain so you go numb instantly. You don’t even know you are bitten when you are sleeping, so you wake up with part of your leg or arm missing because it has been gnawing on it all night long. If you are walking around and you bump something that is casting a shadow over it, and the sun makes contact with it, you better run. It will instantly run for your shadow, and scream the whole time it is chasing you. PS. These are Spiders found daily in Iraq by troops. Imagine waking up and seeing one of these in your tent!! Spread this to all your friends who have a family member in the army, and let them know what kind of daily life they live everyday! Hopefully someone high in our government will start thinking about our troops’ lives, and they’ll be back home safe real soon!" To say the least, I will be taking this post down soon because he writing about this is giving me chills. Here are just a few pics of these beasts.The pics are disturbing!

20 comments:

  1. Dude, that is sick!!! I'm NEVER going to Iraq. OMG. I'm probably going to have nightmares tonight!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. this think looks like some sort of alien creature out of Stargate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Im not scared of spiders but I would run from this one in a heartbeat!! Not cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eww! That sounds really disgusting! Forget the shotgun though...I'll be the one throwing grenades!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOMMMGGGG....SO gross...i would pass out if I saw one of those...it looks like its from some alien movie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. UGH!! That is really disgusting and ya I would be scared to go to sleep at night!! OMG I feel for anyone over there who has to deal with those, that is insane!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I HATE SPIDERS! I WOULD DIE! THAT IS THE NASTIEST SPIDER I HAVE EVER HEARD OF AND WOULD NEVER WANT TO COME INTO CONTACT WITH! I'm sure you miss him so much :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is gruesome! Thanks for giving me the heebie-jeebies! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate spiders. I previously saw these images on the television and the comments that were made was they were not real. I hope not. The thought of spiders being this huge creeps me out. I'll probably have nightmares tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We saw these in Saudi. They didn't like us though and would scurry away when approached. One surprised a guy in the shade of his tent, but a combat boot put a quick end to it. Guts & spatter everywhere. lol
    Don't worry about it. The pics look terrible (that's a very close shot, btw), but they usually try to avoid humans. He'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That bite is not from a Camel Spider, it from a Brown Recluse Spider

    ReplyDelete
  12. One word - Gullible. These spiders do not do half of the things that you are accusing them of. They are rather harmless, albeit large, creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My buddy over in Iraq had an encounter with one of these while playing football. Him and his buddies were just playing some football when they noticed a spider dart from the bottom of one of the tents and began following the shadow of the football! Long story short, the got chased by that thing for about 20 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!!!! I am SO gonna have nightmares tonight!!
    Please dont post anymore info. about these horrible spiders!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO type more type more! These are my favourite kind of spider, they're so beautiful and are a wonderful creation of God.

    ReplyDelete
  16. there not actually spiders there solifuges (solifugae)

    ReplyDelete
  17. To be honest a lot of what your saying is very misleading. for starters it is only in extremely rare cases that these spiders can grow to that size (for anyone that didnt pay attention the picture at the top is 2 spiders together). secondly, the spiders bite is not venomous, just pretty painful, however it will only attack a human as a defence mechanism. like most creatures it will not attack something ten times bigger then, it mostly feeds on other insects, rodents and lizards.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I GOT TO HOLD ONE!!!!! hah it scared the crap out of me haha

    ReplyDelete
  19. they're just prosthetic make-ups! that's not real!

    if you had hands that swollen it might as well cutted out.

    ReplyDelete